Upper classmen students who demonstrate mastery of skills at New Tech may be eligible to participate in dual credit opportunities with the College of Lake County. Students may earn college credits or college placement while completing their high school requirements.
To be eligible for dual enrollment, students must meet the College of Lake County's enrollment requirements and complete the College of Lake County's application process. The testing and application process begin in a student's Sophomore year with the assistance of our School Counselor.
Dual enrollment can produce tangible savings in both time and money and the potential to graduate college and enter the job market earlier.
- College of Lake County courses taken during the high school day, earning high school and college credit simultaneously.
- Courses meet general education requirements in Humanities, Science, Math, and Social Science.
- Transferable to any state college or university in Illinois.
- Students can earn up to 41 CLC credit hours for free.
The Tuition Cost* of 41 Credit Hours at Colleges and Universities
Illinois State University
$147 per credit hour
$384.13 per credit hour
$595 per credit hour
* This does not include course/lab fees, textbook costs, transportation costs, etc.