• Illinois Work Permits

    The State of Illinois Department of Labor has established the guidelines for Work Permits. As a service for currently enrolled students, Work/Permits/Age Certificates are made in Student Services for currently enrolled students.

    1. A Birth Certificate -- so we may verify the date of birth. The birth certificate will be copied and returned to the applicant, In an emergency baptismal records or passports may be used instead of a birth certificate.
    2. Social Security Card -- so we may verify the student's Social Security number

    A note from the employer stating:

    • that the student has been hired,
    • what the student will be doing,
    • the hours that the student will be working

    Students under 16 must also provide: Work Permit Form

    Wisconsin Work Permits

    If the student will be working for an employer in Wisconsin, the work permit must be obtained in Wisconsin.  Illinois issued Work Permits will not be accepted.

    Wisconsin work permits can be obtained from:
    Boys & Girls Club - 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    CYC Building,Baptismal Record, Wisconsin ID,
    1330 52nd Street
    Kenosha, Wisconsin

    You will need to take the following with you:

    1. Birth Certificate, Baptismal Record, Wisconsin ID, Driver's License
    2. Social Security Card
    3. Parental Authorization (written or in person)
    4. Letter of intent to hire from employer
    5. $10.00 (cash only) (To be reimbursed on First Paycheck)